Wednesday, August 15, 2007

T minus 16 hours, and I'm remarkably calm.

I'm crossposting this so people have all my contact info, etc . . .

I leave tomorrow from O'Hare around noon. United Flight 883 to Narita Tokyo. Then United Flight 837 from Narita to Bangkok. I arrive in Thailand at 11 pm Bangkok time, Friday, which is approximately 11am here.

I should have internet access throughout the time I'm there (and really, if I end up not, I might go insane with the lack of communication.

I'll be making regular updates here, as well as my private journal. I'll also be posting photos on Facebook, as well as getting a flickr account.

I'll be checking my email regularly. My Ripon account is still active through the end of the semester, but my mail email is altorogue (at) yahoo dot com. I'll still be on Aim, as well as MSN and yahoo, all as altorogue.

I'm putting my cell phone on hold- I'll have it back when I return. I plan on making most my phone calls on skype, which is an awesome little program. If you want to call me, that's the best way. You can search for me as altorogue or Kali, and I'm listed as being from Chicago. The time change is going to be a bitch, but I suppose I'll figure it out somehow.

I don't have a mailing address yet, or a phone number there. Forthcoming.

I fly back on December 21. And due to me flying the other way around the world, I make the 22-ish hour flight in less than 12 hours- leaving at 6am and getting into O'Hare at dinnertime. Gotta love the time zones. :D



SOOOO . . . . I should finish packing. But So You Think You Can Dance was on! :D

I got a new, gigantic suitcase. I got a new expensive purse. I have a new travel wallet, and etc etc etc. And I am THE worst packer ever. Just ask my mother, or anyone who's ever lived with me/near me. Absolutely horrible. But I'm going to restrict myself to clothes, and essentials, and keep things light. I AM! (Don't laugh at me like that, Josh! And anyone else who is reading!)

I still have to call Verizon and put my cell account on hold. And make sure Humana knows I'm going, because my program-supplied health insurance stops covering me 5 days before I come back. Eek. :D

I got a Hepatitis A shot on Monday, and then I got not only Typhoid, but Diptheria/Tetanus and Polio this morning. And then I bought immodium, pepto-bismol, ibuprofen, and aspirin this morning. I'm set. The aspirin is for my paranoid mother, so I don't get a blood clot on the plane :D

And I HATE Visas. Specifically, I don't have one yet. Long story, but I can't get a student visa because I'm not a student of any school in Thailand. And I am not teaching and earning a wage, so that's out. Tourist visas it is for me, but I don't have one because the school sent me the letter too late for me to get one here at the consulate. So airport it is! *prays and hopes*

But really? It will all be ok. Whatever will be will be. The future's not ours to see! *sings* Que Sera, Sera!!

No comments: